My name is Willy Pumarol and I started playing golf at the age of 3, thanks to my dad and a couple of plastic clubs. I fell in love with the game and the challenge of getting better every day. At the age of 9 I won my first national championship in the Dominican Republic, where I grew up. At 16 I moved to the U.S. hoping to earn a college scholarship. I received a scholarship from Barry University, where I played for four years under the training of Jimmy Stobs, who is now a close personal friend. I turned pro in 2011 after graduation and, after coming in second at the “Abierto de la Republica de Argentina.” I finished 28th in the Order of Merit and received my status for the 2012 Latin America Tour. And that’s where I have been playing ever since.
- First Dominican to make the cut at a Web.com Tour at the Puntacana Championship.
- Member of the World Golf Ranking.
- Order of Merit PGA Tour Latin America in 2016, official post # 65.
- Member PGA Tour Latin America 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016 with 64 tournaments played, 3 Top 10, 13 Top 25 37 Cuts made, 27 Cuts failed.
- 1st DR Golfer to enter the World Golf Ranking 2011. PGA Tour Latin America 2012 to 2016.
- All American Player NCAA-Div II - SSC playing for Barry University from 2008 to 201.
- Declares "professional" in May of 2011 playing the Toyota Peru Open in the Inkas in Lima Peru. Official stop of the TLA / Tour of the Americas. Finishes in the position # 93, initiating thus its passage to Professional Golf.
- He entered the Tour de las Americas and at the 51st Sur Internacional Cup in Barranquilla Colombia, he reached his first cut as a professional player and became the first Dominican to do so in this TLA professional circuit.
- Thanks to the Tour of the Americas, the Dominican Republic receives the invitation to participate in the Pre-World Golf Championship of Professional Players, the "Omega Mission Hills World Cup Qualifying South American "Renaissance Caracas Cup" to be played in Caracas Venezuela maximum global competition for professional teams held every 2 years in China. FEDOGOLF invites Willy Pumarol and JC Perello to form the Dominican National Team, to receive the invitation via the International Federation of PGA Tours and the Tour of the Americas. An absence of 25 years remains in the past. The RD returns to the world arena.
- Becomes the first RD golfer to be invited to the prestigious Argentine Masters Tournament presented by the Argentine Golf Association and the Tour de las Américas-TLA. Emblematic tournament that is played in the legendary Club of Olives in Buenos Aires.Becomes the first RD golfer to be invited to the prestigious Argentine Masters Tournament presented by the Argentine Golf Association and the Tour de las Américas-TLA. Emblematic tournament that is played in the legendary Club of Olives in Buenos Aires.
- Named All American Team playing for Barry University 2009-2010 season.
- Member of the # 1 US Golf Team at the NCAA Div II of the Sunshine State Conference, seasons 2009/2010/2011 playing for Barry University.
- Holds the best record for a Dominican golfer in the NCAA Div II (4 years).
- He has the great merit of being the player with "least amount of tournaments played" throughout the year (5), which manages to enter the "elite of the TLA Top 40 in the Order of Merit."
- First Dominican golfer to enter the Professional World Golf Ranking, as well as the South American Golf Tour and the Tour of the Americas, among the best professionals in South and Central America.
- The Dominican Olympic Committee, together with the Dominican Federation of Golf (Fedogolf) recognize him as the Most Outstanding Golfer in the DR (2010). Being thus the first golfer in history recognized by the Dominican Olympic Committee.
Winner in more than 50 tournaments in the junior division in the Dominican Republic.
5 times Junior National Champion in the Dominican Republic.
5 Times Selected Best Junior Golfer in his category at the annual awards of the Dominican Golf Federation.
Best Golfer at Southwest Miami High School.
Member of the FGT-Florida Junior Tour, FCWT-Future Collegians World Tour.